Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
Dr. Kara Della Torre grew up in North Jersey and attended Duke University in Durham, NC, receiving her BS in Biology. She subsequently attended New Jersey Medical School in Newark, NJ, where she earned her M.D. degree. After an internship at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, NJ, she completed her ophthalmology residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. Following additional fellowship training in Medical Retina from Lenox Hill Hospital/Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York University Medical Center/Bellvue Hospital and Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York, she joined Bannett Eye Centers in 2011 as the only fellowship-trained Retina physician in Woodbury and its surrounds.
Dr. Della Torre is board certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and maintains an active license in good standing in New Jersey. She is also a member of The American Society of Retina Specialists. She holds staff appointments to Wills Eye Hospital and Jefferson University Hospitals in New Jersey and is a volunteer faculty member at Rowan University. Dr. Della Torre has subspecialty interest in diseases of the retina caused by age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular occlusion and other retinal diseases.
She is proficient in retinal laser as well as intra-ocular injection therapies with Eylea, Lucentis, Avastin, Ozurdex, Iluvien, Jetrea, and other medications. Dr. Della Torre is an active athlete, loves to snowboard and surf, and keeps very busy with her two children and husband.
- New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ (M.D.)
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina (B.A.)
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston, NJ
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
FELLOWSHIP TRAINING (medical retina):
- Lenox Hill Hospital/Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, New York, NY
- New York University Medical Center/Bellvue Hospital, New York, NY
- Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants of New York, New York, NY
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- New Jersey State Medical License